As promised, here is another “Holiday Head-Start” recipe! November is Diabetes Awareness Month, which I find to be rather ironic due to the gross amounts of sugar and carbs consumed over the holidays. Be that as it may, I have taken it upon myself to develop a Gluten-Free, Vegan, Sugar-Free Pie recipe that can be enjoyed by all. This is the first pre-mutation. I am not 100% satisfied with it yet. It still has a bit of a Stevia aftertaste. I think I know what can be done to rectify that situation. Until then, here is Attempt Number One. Any suggestions are welcome!
Pumpkin Pie (Take One!)
(Gluten-Free, Vegan, Sugar-Free)
- 1 1/2 cups Vanilla Hemp Milk
- 2 Tblsp Flax Seed Meal
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1 Tblsp Cornstarch
- 1 can Pumpkin Puree
- 1/4 cup Coconut Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 3/4 tsp Vanilla Creme Liquid Stevia
- 1/4 tsp Ginger
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground Cloves
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a glass pie plate with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine the first 4 ingredients in a blender until well combined.
- Add the remaining ingredients and blend about 2 minutes.
- Pour into prepared pie plate and bake about 1 hour until edges are lightly browned.
- Allow to cool completely on the counter.
- Refrigerate over night before serving.