I have seen Kale Chips all over the place for the past year or so. Personally, I have enjoyed eating them, but had never gone as far as to attempt to make them myself. Last night I decided the time had come. I had a bunch of Curly Kale starring at me from the back of my refrigerator, a hankering for something crunchy, and a pantry devoid of snack food. It was time!
I actually try to keep chips and other snack-y foods out of my house. I tend to eat when I get bored or stressed. By not having trigger foods in the house, I am forced to snack on things like baby carrots and cucumbers. They are much healthier options when hit by a snack attack.
Kale Chips are an excellent way to eat your greens without feeling like you are! Feel free to play with the spices. If you don’t like Curry, stick with Sea Salt! Go crazy with Cumin! The sky is the limit!
Curry Kale Chips
- 1 bunch Curly, Green Kale, washed and dried
- Non-stick Cooking Spray
- 1/2-1 tsp Curry Powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Tear Kale into “chip size” pieces.
- Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place kale onto cookie sheet and spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle with curry powder.
- Roast about 10 minutes in preheated oven.
- Chips are done when the edges are nice and crispy.
Do you eat when you are bored or stressed?
What are your tricks to curbing unhealthy snack attacks?
What are your favorite snack foods?