I’m back from Chicago and missing GF Guy terribly. We had so much fun together. It was the first time since he left that I haven’t felt like a stressed out mess! I think that’s a good sign. We must really need each other! (says Little Miss Positivity)
GF Guy’s new show was featured on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno on Monday night and Boston’s local FOX affiliate this morning (I couldn’t get the FOX video to embed… dang it!). Check them out!
I hit the ground running as soon as I got back. My work email inbox was packed, there were little bonfires to put out all over the office, and I have yet to dig out from under the mountain of laundry that has taken up residence at the foot of my bed.
What I have accomplished:
- 2 loads of laundry
- a bath for Dickens
- baking a birthday surprise for a friend (it’s a bit time intensive, so I will post the recipe later)
- unpacked my suitcase
- worked about 27 hours
- attended a youth group core team meeting
- ….I have to stop here because I think you get the picture
Things will get done. I’m not going to stress about it, but if anyone comes over don’t judge me by the state of my house!
Tonight, I made a quick, random stir-fry-ish meal. And trust me, it’s random! You see, I wanted a bunch of veggies, but I didn’t want an Asian stir-fry. I also didn’t want plain steamed vegetables, and didn’t have the time to roast them. Thus the following creation was born.
I took a picture, but accidentally erased it… it’s going to be one of those weeks!
Col. Mustard’s Stir-fry
- dash Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 Red Onion, chopped
- 2 Carrots, chopped
- 1 small head Broccoli, chopped
- small handful Brussel Sprouts, steamed
- 1/2 Orange Bell Pepper, julienned
- 1/2 Zucchini, chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- small bunch Kale
- small handful Crimini Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Tomato, chopped
- 1 Tblsp Dijon Mustard
- dash Hot Pepper Sauce
- Herbamare & Black Pepper, to taste
- dash Thyme
- dash Rosemary
- In a large skillet, or wok, heat oil over medium high heat.
- Add onion and saute until translucent. Add the vegetables one at a time in the order listed, sauteing briefly between each addition.
- Add the mustard, pepper sauce, and spices.
- Cook until heated through and all the vegetables are tender.
See! I told it was random! It was also yummy! So… What randomness have you been up to lately?