This post is linked to Slightly Indulgent Tuesdays and Gluten Free Wednesdays.
Ever since I made my Black Magic Brownies with black beans, I have been wanting to try making Blondies with garbanzo beans.
I found this recipe on the blog Have Cake, Will Travel, and I just HAD to try it! Instead of using Peanut Butter and Strawberry Jam, I used Tahini and Sour Cherry Preserves. There are so many different nut butters and jams out there, this recipe is sure to never get old!
What would your flavor combination be?
Sour Cherry Chickpea Blondies
- 1 (15oz.) can Garbanzo Beans
- 1/2 cup Turbinado Sugar
- 1/2 cup Sour Cherry Preserves
- 1/4 cup Tahini
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup plus 2 Tblsp Flax Seed Meal
- 2 Tblsp Brown Rice Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place all ingredients in a food processor or blender.
- Process until smooth.
- Spray an 8×8 baking pan with non-stick spray.
- Pour chickpea mixture into prepared pan and bake in preheated oven 25-27 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely in the pan on a wire rack.
- Cover and refrigerate before cutting.