A few days ago, I wrote a post about my ingredient guilt. My Fairy Blog Mother responded with a recipe link that incorporated 3 of the offending ingredients!
I put together this recipe, but found the batter to be a bit dry. I added water…. and more water… and more water… until I finally reached a more muffin batter consistency. The resulting muffins tasted delicious! The combination of Chestnut Flour and Coconut Flour adds a natural, sweet nuttiness that I found addicting! Texture wise, these muffins are a bit on the crumbly side. Oh well! If you have any suggestions to fix that let me know!
Next up: using the Chestnut Flour to make Biscotti!
Chestnut Carob Chip Muffins
- 2 cups Chestnut Flour
- 3/4 cup Coconut Flour
- 3/4 cup Turbinado Sugar
- 1 Tblsp Molasses
- 1 Tblsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2 Eggs
- 8 Tblsp Coconut Oil
- 3/4 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 3/4 cup Water
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup Carob Chips (be sure they are Gluten-Free!!!!)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flours, soda, powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, using an electric mixer, cream together the coconut oil, sugar, and molasses.
- Add the eggs and beat until creamy.
- Add the vanilla and beat about 30 seconds more.
- Slowly add the flour mixture. About half way through add the milk and water. Continue adding the remaining flour mixture, beating until smooth.
- Stir in the carob chips.
- Drop by rounded spoonfuls into lined muffin tins.
- Bake 18-20 minutes.
- Cool on a wire baking rack.