My little brother is awesome! No, seriously… He is…
Every time he comes home from school he seems to get bigger!
I don’t know how I ended up being the mega-shrimp of the family, but, at 5’3″, I’m “pocket-size” in comparison.
As interesting as his size may be, that is not the reason I started this post with lauding my brother’s praises. He and his college buddy are starting a little business making custom t-shirts for their friends, classmates, and families. That, in and of itself, is pretty cool. But wait!…. It gets cooler!…
They are donating a portion of their proceeds from each sale to the Celiac Sprue Association!
HOW COOL IS THAT?!
They dreamt this plan up all by themselves! I couldn’t be prouder, or more touched. I love him!
If you are interested in a shirt, visit their wordpress site, Falcon Tees, by following this link.
Remember, they are just starting out, so the site is in its baby stages. I just couldn’t wait to be the proud sister and brag on them!
Okay… recipe time!
This recipe was prepared with my little brother in mind. Last time he came to visit, we stopped by Starbucks for a quick pick-me-up. After having a lengthy conversation about which beverage choice was the healthiest, he ordered a tall, black coffee….. AND “a little sliver of that pumpkin bread”. He then proceeded to inform me, if he was going to be really bad, he would have gotten the rice crispy treat! He cracks me up!
The following recipe is a healthier, and probably tastier, version of my brothers’ ultimate “splurge”. It is gluten-free, vegan, whole grain, and scrum-didle-e-uptious!!
Chocolate Chip Rice Crispy Treats
(Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Vegan)
- 1 generous cup Suzanne’s Ricemellow Creme
- 1 1/2 tsp Earth Balance Non-Dairy Buttery Spread
- 1 cup Enjoy Life Dairy-Free Chocolate Chips
- 3 cups Erewhon Gluten-Free Crispy Brown Rice Cereal
- Heat Earth Balance in a small saucepan, until melted.
- Add Ricemellow Creme and stir until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, combine cereal and chocolate chips.
- Moisten hands and gently mix warm Ricemellow into cereal mixture.
- Press into an 8×8 pan.
- Chill until firm.
- Cut into desired size squares.
- Store bars in the refrigerator.