My last post, I promised to reveal my newest Vegan Drop Biscuit recipe.
GF Guy always loved when I made these biscuits, a fact that I am VERY proud of! They are packed with Omega 3 & 6 fats and fiber, and are, overall, a healthy gluten-free bread option. …PLUS, they can be whipped together in less than 20 minutes!
Normally, I create my own flour blend. But, I was getting bored with that. I decided to play with something new!
Hey, I’m a single girl now! Why not?
Carol Kicinski is an amazingly talented cook and an inspired blogger. I have had the pleasure of scheduling her to teach 2 cooking classes, so far (HINT, HINT!), at the store which received RAVE reviews. In addition to her wonderful recipes, Carol has now developed her own Gluten Free All Purpose Flour, which can be purchased through her blog, Simply… Gluten Free. She also has a gluten free desserts cookbook set to come out in the near future. I don’t know about you, but I can’t wait! It is sure to be brilliantly drool-worthy!
Okay… back to the biscuits!
I kicked my normal drop biscuit flour mix to the curb and tried things “Carol Style”. They turned out delicious, even leftover!
Give this recipe a try and support another gluten-free blogger!
Vegan Herb & Feta Drop Biscuits
- 1 3/4 cups Carol’s AMAZING All Purpose Gluten Free Flour
- 1/4 cup Flax Seed Meal
- 1 teaspoon Xanthum Gum
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/8 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk mixed with 1 Tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar (allow to sit for 10 minutes before using)
- 3 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Black Pepper
- 3 oz. Sunergia SoyFoods Mediterranean Herb Soy Feta Cheese
- 1/4 cup packed fresh Italian Parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and stir until combined.
- Drop by rounded spoonful onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 11-13 minutes, until done. (These do not brown very much.)
Have a wonderful week, everyone!