I am back!
I’ve been going through a lot, personally, and have had no desire to cook. (Crazy! I know!) Thank you for understanding.
Tonight, I took some time for myself. I did a little cardio work-out, gave Dickens a bath, scrubbed the bathtub, and did some laundry. Man did it feel good to do normal, mundane tasks! When I was done I finally felt like creating a bit in the kitchen. I used leftover bits of randomness that I found lurking in my sad, nearly empty refrigerator to create a surprisingly delicious and comforting meal for one. As you have probably guessed, these are going to be a majority of my recipes for the next couple of months. That, or I will be giving away LOTS of leftovers, which I doubt anyone will mind too terribly! (Locals- Let me know if you want to be added to the “leftover list”!)
Chicken “Noodle” Soup
- 1-2 Tblsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Shallot, diced
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 Tblsp dried Tarragon
- 3 cups Organic, Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 1/4 cup White Wine
- 1/2 leftover, pre-cooked chicken breast, chopped
- 1/2 Zucchini, spiralized into “noodles”
- 1 handful organic Baby Spinach
- 1/4 cup fresh Italian Parsley, chopped
- Herbamare and Black Pepper, to taste
- Heat a oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Saute’ carrots until slightly softened, add shallots and garlic and continue cooking about 1 minute.
- Add tarragon to pan and deglaze with White Wine and chicken broth.
- Bring to a slight bubble and add remaining ingredients.
- Cook until heated through, about 3-5 minutes.
This simple supper is quick, delicious, and the perfect dish to go along with my new Vegan Herb & Feta Biscuits.
Tune in tomorrow for that recipe!
I’m such a tease!
It’s going to be a busy week full of cooking classes, demonstrations, and lots of work! I’m so lucky to have such a wonderful job where I get to help so many people! Off to bed!