GF Guy is packing to leave.
This causes stress.
When I am stressed I bake.
Stressed is Desserts spelled backwards, so it only makes sense! Right?…
I have not done much playing with Coconut Flour. So, I decided to see what I could create with this high protein, high fiber flour.
But first, a little “schooling” on the health benefits of this healthy, gluten-free flour choice!
High in Fiber:
Coconut Flour contains 58% fiber! In a diet where it is sometimes difficult to come by fiber, this is a
welcome addition. In fact, Coconut Flour’s fiber percentage is the highest fiber level of all the flours!
Because of it’s high fiber content, Coconut Flour is considered to be Low on the Glycemic Index, making for a slower release of sugars into the blood stream.
According to research by the Coconut Research Center, Coconut Flour contains just as much protein as Wheat Flour, and more protein then rye, cornmeal, and white flours!
Okay! School’s out! Now on to the recipe! These brownies are cake-like and only slightly sweet, making them the perfect foil to Coconut Milk Ice Cream! Enjoy!
- 1/3 cup Earth Balance Non-Dairy Buttery Sticks (5 Tablespoons)
- 1/2 cup Carob Powder
- 6 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Pure Maple Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 teaspoon Peppermint Extract
- 1/3 cup Coconut Flour (I like Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1/4 cup Enjoy Life Dairy Free Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a small saucepan, melt Earth Balance. Once melted stir in Carob Powder and allow to cool slightly.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together Eggs, Maple Sugar, and Extracts until smooth.
- Add Carob mixture and whisk until smooth.
- Slowly add Coconut Flour and beat until smooth.
- Add Chocolate Chips and stir until just combined.
- Pour mixture into an 8×8 square baking pan sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- At this point, you may sprinkle the top with additional Chocolate Chips, if you desire.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 25 minutes, until done.
- Allow to cool in the pan before cutting.
- What do you do when you are stressed?
- What shall I bake next?!