“Pom-poms” aren’t just for cheerleaders!
Behold, the Pomegranate!
Eating a Pomegranate 101:
- Cut the pomegranate in half.
- Using a knife, score the outside of each half four times, like you would if you were segmenting an orange. This will make it easier to separate the fruit into manageable pieces.
- Submerge the halves, one at a time, in a bowl of water and scrape out the arils. The arils will sink to the bottom and the pulp will float.
- Drain the arils and enjoy!
In addition to the health benefits, pomegranate juice has a taste that can only be described as luscious! We love to make frozen treats with fruit juice in the hot summer months. Here are a few awesome treats we have been enjoying courtesy of POM Wonderful Pomegranate Juice.
- 2 cups POM Wonderful Pomegranate Juice
- 6 Popsicle Molds or 6 paper cups and 6 Popsicle sticks
- Pour Pomegranate Juice into molds.
- Place in your freezer and allow to freeze completely, about 3 hours.
- 1/2 cup Turbinado Sugar
- 1 cup Water
- 3 cups POM Wonderful Pomegranate Juice
- Place sugar, water, and POM Juice in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Place in a covered bowl in the refrigerator until well chilled.
- Pour mixture into an ice cream maker and process about 30 minutes.
- Serve immediately or place in your freezer and allow to harden to desired consistency in a freezer safe container.