What a loooong week this is shaping up to be! I taught a cooking class Monday (13 hour work day), did a recipe demo Tuesday (8.5 hour work day), caught up on computer work (8.5 hour work day), and taught another cooking class tonight (13 hour work day). Tomorrow, I will be doing another recipe demo and Saturday I will be working a Health Fair. I am pooped!
Here is a Picnic recipe I made a few weeks ago for a recipe demo. I’m not a huge potato salad fan. However, I had numerous people tell me this was the BEST potato salad they had ever eaten. (shrug) Cool!
Red and White Potato Salad
– 2 c Organic Red Skinned Potatoes, cubed
– 1 can Great Northern White Beans, drained and rinsed
– 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
– 1/4 c Red Onion, minced
– 1 tsp dried Dill
– 2/3 c Vegenaise (or mayonnaise)
– 1 tsp Yellow Mustard
– Sea Salt, to taste
– 1/2 tsp Paprika, for garnish
- Boil potatoes in a large pot of water until tender, about 7-10 minutes, drain, and place in a large bowl with beans, pepper, and onion and toss to combine.
- In a small bowl combine Dill, Vegenaise, and Mustard.
- Pour over potatoes and toss until evenly coated.
- Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Sprinkle with Paprika.
- Serve at room temperature or chilled.
Dickens and I have gotten very close lately. I think it’s because he knows I’m going to need lots of lovin’ when GF Guy leaves. Animals are amazingly intuitive. Don’t you think? Dickens has slowly started inserting himself in my arms while I sleep. GF Guy captured the moment earlier this week….
I’m going to miss GF Guy, but I’m lucky to have a little man like Dickens to snuggle with!