Here is a delicious, healthy meal to feed a crowd, and by “a crowd” I mean 6 people. In our little home that is a crowd!
Sweet and Sour Chickpea Stir-fry
– 1/2 cup Low Sodium, Organic Chicken Broth (I like Pacific Naturals)
– 4 Tblsp. Bragg’s Liquid Aminos (or low sodium wheat free Tamari)
– 4 Tblsp. Apple Cider Vinegar
– 2 Tblsp. Light Brown Sugar
– 1 tsp. Red Pepper Flakes
– 4 tsp. Cornstarch
– 4 Tbsp. Water
– 3-4 Tblsp. Coconut Oil
– 1/2 yellow Onion, chopped
– 2 Tblsp. Garlic, minced
– 2 Tblsp. fresh Ginger, minced
– 1 cup Baby Carrots
– 1 Broccoli Crown, chopped
– 1 small Daikon Root, peeled and chopped
– 1 Yellow Squash, chopped
– 1 Zucchini, chopped
– handful Green Beans, chopped
– 1 can Chickpeas, drained and rinsed
– 1 cup fresh Pineapple, cut into bite size pieces
– 1 bag Sea Tangle Green Tea Kelp Noodles, rinsed and cut into bite size pieces
Combine sauce ingredients in a measuring cup and set aside.
In a small bowl or cup, combine slurry ingredients and set aside. (The slurry will thicken your sauce later.)
Heat a wok over med-high heat.
Add Coconut Oil and heat.
Add onion, stir-fry about 2 minutes until it begins to brown.
Add garlic and ginger and stir-fry about 1 minute, being careful not to burn. (Add a splash of water if it begins to stick to the bottom of the pan.)
Add vegetables in batches according to what takes the longest to cook.
Stir-fry each batch about 2-3 minutes before adding the next batch of vegetables.
Add Chickpeas and stir-fry about 2 minutes.
Add Pineapple and Kelp Noodles and stir-fry about 1 minute.
Pour in the sauce and allow to heat through.
Pour in the slurry, stir, and allow to thicken slightly. Make sure everything is well coated.
Serve over Quinoa.