When I was in elementary school, our school cafeteria served the most delicious Honey Yeast Rolls. I was rarely allowed to buy lunch at school. My mom packed my lunch all the way through my senior year of High School! But still, the taste and smell of those soft, pillow-y clouds of sweet yeast-y goodness linger in my memory. I stumbled upon this recipe for Gluten Free Honey and Flax Yeast Rolls at an absolutely inspired blog, Flour Arrangements, and new I had to make them! Naturally, I changed a few things based on what I had on hand. The resulting rolls were everything I could have imagined and more! Get ready for some goodness my friends! This is what I did. Check out the original recipe and have fun exploring all of the wonderful recipes found on Flour Arrangements!
Honey and Flax Yeast Rolls
– 2 1/4 teaspoons Yeast
– 1 1/2 tablespoons Sugar
– 1/2 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk (warmed in the micro for 45 seconds)
– 3/4 cup Brown Rice Flour
– 1/2 cup Sorghum Flour
– 2 tablespoons Ground Flax Seed Meal
– 1/4 cup Corn Meal
– 1/4 cup Potato Starch
– 1/4 cup Tapioca Starch
– 2 1/4 teaspoons Xanthum Gum
– 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
– 2 tablespoons Honey
– 2 1/2 tablespoons Coconut Oil, liquified
– 1/4 cup room temp, Unsweetened Almond Milk
– 1 tablespoon Honey, for drizzling
– 2 teaspoons Ground Flax Seed, for sprinkling
– 1 tablespoon Dairy-Free Margarine, melted for brushing on top of rolls
I followed the original recipe instructions and the results were perfection! We enjoyed these for dinner alongside some homemade Chicken Noodle Soup. That along with the thunder storm outside made for a cozy evening!
Do you have any random food memories from you childhood?