I don’t know what it, but lately I have been craving stir-fry! It has been my dinner vote for the past week. (I’ve only made it twice, though. I don’t want to be too boring.) Last night, however, was a stir-fry kind of night again. I love them because you can throw whatever strikes your fancy into the wok and somehow it all seems to meld together! (That… and who doesn’t love a giant bowl of veggie goodness?)
Stir-fry du Jour
– Non-stick Cooking Spray
– 1/2 Yellow Onion, chopped
– 1 large Carrot, chopped
– 2 stalks Celery, chopped
– 6 boneless, skinless Chicken Tenderloins, cubed
– 1″ piece fresh Ginger, finely minced
– 1/2 teaspoon Toasted Sesame Oil
– 1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
– 1/2 teaspoon Curry Powder
– Black Pepper and Herbamare
– 1 small can Water Chestnuts, drained
– Bragg’s Liquid Aminos
– 12 oz. Stir-fry Vegetable Medley (ours had Broccoli, Snap Peas, Broccoli Slaw, and Carrots)
– Pineapple Chunks
– splash Low Sodium Chicken Stock
– splash dry White Wine
– 3 big handfuls Spinach
Spray a wok with Non-stick Cooking Spray.
Saute onion, carrots, & celery until soft, about 5 minutes.
Add chicken and toasted sesame oil and continue cooking about 5 minutes.
Sprinkle in spices, ginger, Water Chestnuts, and a drizzle of Bragg’s. Cook about 2 minutes.
Add Veg. Medley, pineapple, stock, and wine. Cook about 7 minutes.
Add spinach and a bit more Bragg’s, cover, and let cook 3-5 minutes, until broccoli is tender and spinach is wilted.
Serve on a bed of Quinoa and fresh Spinach.
(Not very photogenic, but comfort food rarely is….)
Now who can resist that much veggie goodness? Certainly not me or GF Guy! I’m thinking about adding sweet potato to the mix next time.
What is the strangest ingredient you have ever tossed into a stir-fry? How did it turn out?