It is time….
A few months ago, I began working on a recipe for condensed soup. Some of my favorite childhood meals… okay, all…. were casserole creations featuring Condensed Cream of Chicken or Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup. Let’s face it, Gluten Free/Dairy Free Condensed Soups are just not readily available. That’s just the way it is. So… I decided to take matters into my own hands and make my own! So there, Campbell’s!
Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup (GF/DF)
– 3 tablespoons Vegan Margarine
– 1/4 cup canned, sliced Mushrooms
– 1 1/4 cups Almond Milk, heated
– 1/4 teaspoon Salt
– Black Pepper
– 1/3 teaspoon Herbamare
– 1/4 cup Turkey Stock, cold or room temp. (Chicken or Vegetable Stock or even water would work, too)
– 1 1/2 tablespoons Corn Starch
– 1 teaspoon Brown Rice Flour (opt.)
In a medium saucepan, saute mushrooms in melted margarine, about 3 minutes.
Slowly whisk slurry into the soup mixture.
Continue to cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until desired consistency is reached.
(This could take 10-15 minutes.)
*Add brown rice flour if needed for additional thickness.
Condensed Cream of Turkey Soup (GF/DF)
Tune in tomorrow to see which of my mommy’s recipes I used these soups to reinvent!