Hello everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful, blessed Thanksgiving! I started off the day by dragging my sisters out of bed to watch the Macy’s Thanksgiving day parade with me. I sneaked into my parents house, (yes… the proper word is sneaked, not snuck) using my house key, (It was a major stealth operation.) and proceeded to wake up the entire household… dogs included. 🙂 We hung out, watched the parade,
We were scheduled to eat dinner at my older sister’s in-law’s house around 2:00. Beings that I did not want to risk getting sick on Thanksgiving, I prepared my own meal ahead of time and brought it in Tupperware containers.
– Organic Roasted Turkey and Gravy (GF Guy and I shared this)
– Field Greens Salad with raw Broccoli, Tomato… and that little baggie has Nori Crinkles (what girl doesn’t love her seaweed on Thanksgiving?)
– My mom also made GF/DF mashed “Turnips”. They are actually mashed Rutabagas and are DELICIOUS, but my parents have always called them “turnips”. Whatever….. Who wants to get all technical on Thanksigiving.
– I also brought my Harvest Muffins and Crustless, Vegan Pumpkin Pie
The upside of bringing your own food:
– No worries about getting sick
– No overindulging
– You know you will like everything
The downside of bringing your own food:
– Possibly offending the host
– The other food looks yummy
– No leftovers
It was so much fun to be able to spend time with family and friends, especially my little sister. She is home from college until Sunday and is one of the coolest people I know. She is finding out next week if she gets a full scholarship to earn a dual masters in Psychology and Divininty. How cool is that?! She’s pretty much the most awesome thing ever… Just sayin’… (Okay… proud big sister rant over!)
Unfortunately, GF Guy woke up the morning of Thanksgiving with a terrible head cold. We had to leave early because the poor man looked like the living dead. He is sleeping in a little this morning before heading in to work. Pray he feels better soon! It’s so sad when he’s sick!
I will have more pictures of the festivities later. I have to wait for my mom to post them on Facebook, so I can “steal” them! 😉
Today, it is back to work for me. I will NOT be hitting the crazy Black Friday sales today. I am an introvert… that many people would likely send me into shock…
How was your Thanksgiving? Did you stay home or go somewhere? Are you shopping with the mobs on Black Friday?