Get out your Mickey Ears and don your aprons! It is time for this months’ Go Ahead Honey, It’s Gluten Free blog event, Dinner With Disney!
In honor of this months’ theme, bloggers were asked to choose their favorite Disney movie or character and create a Gluten Free meal using their chosen Disney icon as inspiration. Really, it was just an excuse to watch cartoons! The submissions ranged from whimsical and childlike to elegant and refined. Either way, this month’s participants created kitchen magic that would have made Walt Disney, himself, proud. Now, get ready! It’s time to celebrate the magic of Gluten Free eating with Walt Disney and Friends!
1) Jenn, of Jenn Cuisine, chose The Little Mermaid as her inspiration. Her delicious recipes never cease to inspire. This one is no exception!
3) Amy of Simply Sugar and Gluten Free has once again out done herself. She contributed a dessert inspired by the movie Ice Age that is sure to freeze anyone in their tracks. Amy… adopt me!
Recipe: Individual Baked Alaska with Chocolate Cake and Cacao Nib Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
4) Tracee of Mrs. Ed’s Research and Recipes, presents us with a quick and easy recipe for busy mom’s on the go! Here’s wishing you a delicious dinner!
Recipe: Wish Upon a Star Burgers with Looney Sauce
5) Christine, from Without Adornment, posted a recipe inspired by one of my all time favorite Disney movies, The Emperor’s New Groove. Who can forget poor Kronk and his excitement over preparing an elegant dinner. He is a Foodie after my own heart!
Recipe: Spinach Puffs a la Kronk
6) Karen, from Muffin Fixation, really jumped feet first into this month’s event. She and her son submitted 2 recipes! The first was inspired by Monster’s Inc., and the second was Toy Story. I love how they turned Dinner With Disney into an excuse for a mother/son date night! Now that is real Disney magic!
Recipe #1: Sulley Burgers, Mike’s Mac n’ Cheese, Boo’s Berry Fluff, and Abominable Melted Snowcones
Recipe #2: Ranch Noodles, Buffalo Chicken Balls, Rootinest, Tootinest Root Beerinest Cheesecakes
7) Our fearless Go Ahead Honey, It’s Gluten Free creator, Naomi Devlin of Straight Into Bed Cakefree and Dried, recreated a magical moment from her favorite Disney movie as a young girl, Alice In Wonderland.
Recipe: Eat Me Alice Cakes
8) Kim, the Food Allergy Coach, submitted a dish perfect for the fall. Her inspiration was the movie Pocahontas.
Recipe: Indian Pudding
9) Shirley, of the Gluten Free Easily blog, submitted a recipe that completely inspires me! It is a tribute to all of Walt Disney’s dog-themed movies.
Recipe: POMerdoodle Ice Cream
10) I, Katrina of Gluten Free Gidget, chose a classic Disney movie, as well as a classic foodie moment, in honor of my puppy Dickens. That’s amore, and that’s Lady and The Tramp.
Recipe: Turkey and Spinach Meatballs
Thank you to everyone who helped created Disney magic this month with their wonderful recipes! And, thank you to Naomi for creating such a fun, inspiring Gluten Free blog event!
Next month’s Go Ahead Honey, It’s Gluten Free event will be hosted by Heather of Life, Gluten Free. The theme is “Pumpkin Treats”. I don’t know about you, but I ADORE pumpkin! I can’t wait to see all the delicious, fall inspired creations!